Since my arrival in France, this is the first time that a student asks me very cautiously how is my practice in the morning … hahaha! I like the students’ curiosity! To reach self-knowledge, one must be curious definitely!! Here was my answer, I said, to be able to enjoy your whole day after a good revitalizing practice.
For some it may be a little exaggerated, but for me these steps guarantee the full satisfaction of being 100% awake and ready in front of your mat. Some students were a little disappointed because they think they will never get to the point of feeling satisfied with such a crazy routine… Getting to know this reaction, I said: “I do not stop repeating the same thing: One must be wary of his negative mind!”
So, to become an engaged yoga practitioner:
- Get up at 5am (7am on weekends)
- Brush your teeth with a vegetable toothpaste and remove the Ama (mucus from your throat).
- Brush your hair with a wooden comb.
- Take a shower of cold water for 3 minutes, otherwise rub a wet towel all over your body.
- Prepare an infusion of your favorite herbs, or lukewarm water with lemon, ginger and turmeric or baking soda (optional).
- Get into the mat and enjoy !!!
Simple, right? =) Why don’t you try it for 7 days… check out how you feel.. it is all about learning new habits!